• Established in 1996, the SAOUG is a non-profit organisation that serves to protect the interests of the greater Oracle Community.
• Provides a forum that facilitates communication amongst some + 10,000 Users of Oracle products and services in South Africa.
• The SAOUG is a collective voice, an essential resource for all Oracle professionals for together we have a stronger voice into Oracle.
Looking at the various Oracle acquisitions, the SAOUG is focussing on the various value added benefits these acquisitions mean to our stakeholders in the greater Oracle community.
Our stakeholders includes the following: Oracle Corporation and their customers, suppliers, implementers and users.
SAOUG – Connecting the greater Oracle user community
Connect - Communicate - Collaborate
- Corporate Membership (R7,000.00 Excl Vat
- Individual Membership (R1,110.00 Excl Vat
- Corporate Individual Membership (R550.00 Excl Vat)
- SIG Individual Membership (R300.00 Incl Vat)
- Oracle Employee Membership (R275.00 Excl Vat)
- Full-Time Student Membership (R275.00 Excl Vat)
If you are NOT A MEMBER, you will not be allowed to attend the SIG and networking events as this forms part of the SAOUG Membership as per options indicated.
SAOUG Members’ Cards are issued by inception of membership and no name changing allowed on the cards for the year of membership. The Members’ Cards are the named members as per the SAOUG Membership options indicated and allows for additional special benefits throughout the year. Name changes are allowed each year on renewal of membership.
All fees payable yearly, irrespective of joining date and renewable each year, unless a written request to cancel membership has been received by SAOUG for the year, unless a written request to cancel membership has been received by SAOUG for the year.
No refunds on any membership option taken for the year in which membership are taken.
For more information on membership please contact the
SAOUG on 0861 0 SAOUG / 0861 0 72684 or
Join the various Special Interest Groups (SIG’s) events that apply to you to advocate to Oracle on behalf of your company's needs and stay informed about the status of enhancements and fixes that are important to you! Networking opportunities and events will allow engagement with fellow peers and members. Get to know the latest business trends and solutions how to enhance productivity in your company and growing your personal skill set.
The following SIG events planned for the year 2015:
We will look at having 3 to 4 SIG events per selected topic, including a SIG session at the SAOUG Oracle User Conference; and dates will be published on the SAOUG Events Calendar once confirmed by the SIG Chair & SIG Leader.
SAOUG DATABASE COMMUNITY
The Database Community takes into account all aspects of Oracle database products ranging from installation to configuration and tuning. Even though the focus is on Oracle database, the Database Community has expanded their range of services to include more issues such as the integration of Oracle databases in SAP environments. It also provides support to the arguably most popular open source database in the world: MySQL. The Database Community organizes half day and/or one-day events in the form of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on a regular basis (3 to 4 times per year).
- SAOUG DBA SIG: JOHANNESBURG & CAPE TOWN & DURBAN
- SAOUG DBA APPS SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG SAP DATABASE SIG: JOHANNESBURG
SAOUG DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY
The Development Community offers a comprehensive platform for information and exchange concerning the software development with Oracle tools (such as JDeveloper, Forms, TopLink) and Oracle platforms (such as Fusion Middleware, Database). In the SAOUG Development/Tools SIG, the community deals with all topics revolving around databases in each and every aspect, while the SAOUG Java SIG answers Java-specific questions. The SAOUG Spatial & Graph SIG completes the offer with their focus on geo-information (GIS). The community has extended their fields of interests beyond the priority of development and included process related topics. Whether it's Business Process Management (BMP), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Business Intelligence (BI) or Data Warehouse (DWH) - the Community offers a broad platform of exchange concerning techniques, application scenarios and current developments regarding the topic of business process management. The Development Community organizes half day and/or one-day events in the form of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on a regular basis (3 to 4 times per year).
- SAOUG JAVA SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG HARDWARE SIG: JOHANNESBURG & CAPE TOWN & DURBAN
- SAOUG DEVELOPMENT & TOOLS SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG SPATIAL & GRAPH SIG: JOHANNESBURG & CAPE TOWN
- SAOUG BI SIG: JOHANNESBURG
SAOUG INFRASTRUCTURE & MIDDLEWARE COMMUNITY
The SAOUG have merged two subject areas: infrastructure and middleware. Ranging from hardware to the application server, virtualization solutions and operating systems, the SAOUG takes all topics in these fields into account. It dedicates appropriate space to the infrastructure technologies while focusing on Oracle, Solaris, Oracle Linux, Sun Hardware and Oracle VM. The SIG events are based on the knowledge of experienced users and specialists who pass on their know-how and will exchange views with the attendees. The Infrastructure & Middleware Community organizes half day and/or one-day events in the form of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on a regular basis (3 to 4 times per year).
- SAOUG ENGINEERED SYSTEMS SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG MOBILITY SIG: JOHANNESBURG
SAOUG APPLICATIONS COMMUNITY
The Applications community focus on strategies, business processes, applications and the underlying technologies. The SAOUG aims in providing members with professional information which is independent of the vendor. We are committed to supporting our members' interests and engaging in a constructive and critical dialogue with Oracle. In accordance with the individual Oracle product lines E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, CRM, Primavera, Hyperion and Agile, it is divided into independent SIG communities. The events focus on socializing as well as transmitting knowledge through presentations and discussions. The Applications Community organizes half day and/or one-day events in the form of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on a regular basis (3 to 4 times per year).
- SAOUG E-BUSINESS SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG TAX & PAYROLL SIG: JOHANNESBURG & CAPE TOWN
- SAOUG HR/HCM SIG: JOHANNESBURG & CAPE TOWN
- SAOUG FLEXCUBE SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG HYPERION SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG JD EDWARDS: JOHANNESBURG & CAPE TOWN & DURBAN
- SAOUG PRIMAVERA SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG FUSION APPS SIG: JOHANNESBURG
- SAOUG SIEBEL SIG: JOHANNESBURG
We encourage companies to actively allow their employees (technical to end users) to participate in the various SIG events throughout the year!
Connect - Communicate - Collaborate